Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Quiet Giant

This is a shot I capured at The Horsham Show today,
The eye of a beautiful Clydesdale.
Many years ago, I was very lucky to ride one regularly.
When I was younger, I spent some time living on Magnetic Island,
my job - which was hardly called work,
was to take tourists for horse rides,
through the rainforest and along the beach,
then take the tourists and their mounts into the water for a bareback swim.
The lodge had many horses, amongst them was Clyde,
a lovely gentle giant Clydesdale.
He was the favourite of all the staff,
he loved the water,
he was like a giant rocking horse when he was swimming

Here is the only pic I have of Clyde,
thats me riding him to round up the other horses in the morning
those were the days....

See you tomorrow for Blogtoberfest
Jacqueline.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful job that would have been and what a great shot of the Clydesdales eye that is! Looking forward to trading kits of zippy zippy posts this October - good luck !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...