Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Roast Lamb in The Slow Cooker

A few years ago, a friend told be about cooking Roast Lamb in the slow cooker,
I am converted,
there is no mess,
in the heat of summer there is no need to have the oven on,
and it is soooo easy.
Just put your meat into the slow cooker,
place a couple of sprigs of Rosemary on top
turn on the slow cooker - thats it.
I put it on about 11:30am on high for a 6pm dinner or,
at  8am on low for a 6:00 dinner

I like to use Two Tooth (if you can find it) you may know it as Mutton
The meat is sooo tender
Everyone love's it
Happy Boy's means Happy Mum

I should really use my slow cooker for more meals.
Have you got a great slow cooker recipe to share?

Have a great weekend
Jacqueline.

12 comments:

  1. I use my slow cooker for vegetarian dishes mostly. It's great for lentils & chick peas etc. I also use it to make a large batch of caramelized onions - you use less oil as they sort of sweat and cook in their own juices with a bit of brown sugar and some balsamic vinegar added at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried the slow cooker for a roast. I might give it a go next time. We just bought a roast this morning, it's so cold and wet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love roast lamb. Do u do the roast spuds in the oven still? I haven't found any great recipes for the slow cooker yet. I love the ease of using it, but so far, I have found no 'winners'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this! We are talking of having lamb for dinner tomorrow - have not had a roast for ages so I will give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never used the slow cooker for a roast before, how clever and very easy too. I love my slow cooker, I think our favourite was a butter chicken recipe here's the link if you want to give it a try.
    http://slowlivingessentials.blogspot.com.au/2010/08/slow-cooker-butter-chicken-with-naan.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...