Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Puff Painting



Looking for a simple crafty project for the littles?

I found this puff painting in MixTape Zine Kids Issue 7 

It's made of simple ingredients, qiuck to make up
and not much mess :)

The paint gives a great 3D effect

Mix together equal parts SR flour and salt.
Add enough water to give the consistency of white glue.
Divide into small containers and add food colouring.
We cut up cerial boxes to paint on,
paper will probably be a bit thin.
Microwave the painting for about 30 seconds,
the paint will rise and harden.

Happy painting

The Blogger that shared this in Mixtape...

Jacqueline :)

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic idea and non toxic my boys eat everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats great, will give it a go on the weekend... after more vegie garden work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crafts we learn about- there are just endless possibilities! Thanks for sharing! xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant!
    I have that copy waiting to be read next to my bed.
    I am so going to be making some of that this week.
    Loving the artworks at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant - I LOVE it! I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool! What a great craft idea for the holidays. Thanks for the recipe. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jacqueline! I'm so glad you guys are enjoying the puff painting... isn't it fun? Thanks for linking to my blog :)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did this with my kids today (after reading it here). HAd lots of fun. And yes, my girl tasted it too. Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...