Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Planting Corn - Kinder Gardens-Let Them Get Dirty

Spring has sprung, so it's time to get organised in the patch.
Corn seeds were planted this week after being soaked overnight.

Peter has had the last 2 weeks off and
his little assistant, The Third Born
has been by his side helping do jobs around the house

The corn seeds have gone into little pots and into a makeshift
green house to help them get a good start.
Max likes to sit on the little green house,
not sure if he is trying to
hatch them or protect them

Tomatos seeeds that we saved last year were
planted a while ago and raised on a heat bed.
They have now been planted into bigger pots and
put into a propagation box in a nice sunny spot.
It's too early to plant them out yet,
Maybe in another 3 weeks or so.

If you wish to see other children in gardens

Jacqueline


6 comments:

  1. How sweet even your dog is helping garden! I'm sure he is being very helpful. What awesome tomato sprouts you've got going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tomato seedlings are beautiful! So envious of your spring. Though I love the fall that is coming with every breeze, spring is just so refreshing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you, we are still buying our corn but we are hopeful
    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! So inspiring as always.
    I can't wait to get my own place so I can start a veggie patch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "not sure if he is trying to
    hatch them or protect them"

    My vote is both! Just look at the look on his face! "Don't mess with my stuff!"

    i really need to wrap my mind around the whole idea that you are in spring! I know the world isn't flat...I have also visited the southern hemisphere...Tell me you know Blackhawk and Chrissy Marshall , they moved here from Australia 2 years ago, somehow I'm sure it will help me! Well, at least it would be super cool!

    Your garden looks very promising!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, that is my first sighting of Max. He is absolutely adorable. He looks so happy and content guarding the plants.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...