Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Rocket Cushion for 2nd Born




Not much making has been going on around here.
Amusing the boys has taken up most of my time and energy.
Although, I have managed to complete a project
I have been wanting to try for a while.
I printed this tutorial from Dont Look Now,
planning to make each of the 3 boys a cushion,
to match their new quilts I created for them.
2nd borns quilt has still not been completed -
It is ready to pin and be quilted though,
just have to be in the right mood.
I just needed a small project and easy to complete,


It came together really quickly,
and I finished it this afternoon while the house slept.


I really liked how the back looked too.
Not that it will be seen, as it will be inside the cushion.
It's a great tutorial, tested out my stipple skill, I used my
walking foot, and 2 things that I avoid
button holes and buttons.



The 2nd born (almost a school boy now)
 is now up and loves his new cushion!
Have a nice HOT weekend and keep COOL

Jacqueline :)

4 comments:

  1. Thats so cute. Its a lovely "boy thing" patterns for which can be hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Fantastic work Jacquie! Your quilting is so neat xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Work :) I think my boys would be married by the time I ever finished something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's so sweet.
    My nephew would LOVE that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...