Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

What A Weekend!

Our girls weekend at Allanvale Homestead
last weekend was fantastic.
(Thanks to our host Annie, she most most accomodating)

There was lots of chatting and laughing

There was cycling and boot camp
run by Sergant Woodfine
Boot camp team, Jo and Michelle

Nicole used her weekend away to study

And, Shelley silversmithed

There was tennis
The weather was glorious,
but not quite warm enough for the pool.

Of course there was some
stitching and sewing done,
Wendy, Judy, Bron and Shelley

Bron Stitching

There was a tiny bit of crochet done by Jo.
And I think Simone's cross stitch came out
but no stitches were done.
Michelle, Rachel, Simone, Nicole and Jo

The evenings were spent in front of the open fire,
stitching, bitching, knitting, sipping and nibbleing

There was even a pedicure station!
Tash, Jo and Shelley

And now for some project pics
Just to prove our weekend away was productive.
I quilted the second borns quilt (blue and green one)
 - now to do the binding

Judy's bags - finished

Judy and Wendy's quilts

Bron's quilt

I started a quilt for the First Born

Michelle's sock

We had a fanitastic weekend
Sorry, did I already say that.

I bought these giant paper clip book marks
from Sarah, you can find her shop here,
Thanks for getting them to me so quickly Sarah!
 Iwrapped them with a choccy
to say thanks to the girls that attended.
I still have yours Liesl!

Thanks to Michelle, Lisa, Jo, Liesl, Shelley, Wendy
Rachel, Bron, Tash, Simone Judy
for coming to Allenvale and
making it such a great weekend.
IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN!

Oh, and thanks to the Dad's, Grand Parent's
and friends who cared for our little one's
while we were away.
I'm sure you will all benifit from
the refreshed mum's

Jacqueline :) :) :)

6 comments:

  1. I am clapping my hands very loudly!!, It WAS an awesome weekend and I havent laughed or relaxed that much in years...It should definitely become a quarterly trip. And it has even inspired me, I have been sewing for the last 2 afternoons!!...Thanks to Jacqui for an awesome weekend..truly refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks and sounds like a great weekend getaway, just the girls, lots of chatting and craft, perfect.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds perfect ! It looks and sounds like a great time was had by all . I hope you get to do it again soon .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a very productive weekend. Some great quilts there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you all had such a fabulous creative and relaxing time. I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The goodie bags looked great!! Thanks for choosing my paper clips to put inside :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...