Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Tomato Sauce & Tomato Soup Recipe


This weekend is our Annual Sauce Making Weekend.
We buy saucing tomato's, but use our onions.
The second batch is being bottled as I type.
15 litres in total

I have borrowed a strainer to attach to my KitchenAid
Makes the job very easy,
The boys love the attachment because....
it poos out one end
and wees out the other.
Don't you just love toilet humour

Think I might invest in my own strainer one day,
I also use the strainer for the soup recipe below

Our tomato's are almost finished.
I have made heaps of this delicious Tomato Soup.
At this time of year it is made with our own
tomato's, onions, capsicums and herbs.
A friend passed the recipe on to me,
thought I would share too.
It's a slowcooker recipe and very simple

Tomato Soup

1 large onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 red capsicum
3 TBSP butter
1/4 cup plain flour
1 cup water
fresh or dried oregano and basil
1.5 kg ripe tomatos
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 TBSP sweet chilli sauce
2 slices or end of bread

Turn slow cooker on high and coat with non stick spray
Chop onion, garlic and capsicum into small pieces
Cook in a frypan or microwave with butter
until onion is translucent
Tip into the slow cooker.
Stir flour through onion mixture
then add water, herbs, halved tomatos, salt
sugar, sweet chilli sauce and bread, broken into pieces.
Cook on high for 3 hours.
When cooked use a blender to turn it into soup.
You can also put it through a strainer or moulie (I prefer)
Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...