Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

An 8 Year Old Visits

I want to share these amazing drawings.
Do you recognise this painting?
Before the xmas crazy set in, we had the pleasure
of a lovely visit from an eight year old boy.
He bought his sketch book along for
me to have a look at.
I was amazed at his drawings - he is only 8!
What a talented young man.
Self portrait, fantastic job Mr 8.
Here's the real 8 year old (left).
His mum was working, so he spent the morning with
2nd born, 3rd born and myself.
He is very interested in the
vegie patch and cooking,
we picked some zucchini and some herbs
and made a zucchini slice
The boys ate their zucchini slice for lunch.
After lunch, the 8 year old showed us another
special talent he has, he can burp the alphabet!
2nd born was laughing so much, he could hardly breath.
It was very funny
Boys will be boys!
I printed out the recipe for him to take home,
and included some picks of his
morning with us.
Thanks so much for visiting Mr 8.
We all enjoyed your company
and had a great time.

Jacks Zucchini Slice


1 medium zucchini grated

3 rashes of bacon chopped

1 cup chopped cooked chicken

1 cup self-raising flour

4 eggs

1 large onion finely chopped

1 cup grated cheese

½ cup olive oil

Shake of mixed herbs (or fresh herbs are better)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl.

Pour into a lined baking dish.

Cook for approx 30 mins at 200 deg


Jacqueline :)

5 comments:

  1. Your slice looks yummy, would it be too much trouble to get the recipe from you???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those drawings are fantastic and your slice looks great, I clicked on your last photo and have copied down the recipe....hope you dont mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Jacquie for having my son, Mr.8 over for the day. He still talks about it now. He is very chuffed you have included his drawings on your blog. We went camping over xmas and he drew some lovely sketches of the riverside and the gum trees. You are a very special person and friend Jacquie. Cheers, Tashx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was him! Wow he has grown! What an amazing artist he is!! Well done Tash xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am interested in the recipe for the zucchini slice! I've never heard of that since I'm from the US.
    I hope it's not a state secret or anything! It looks great!

    Terrific artist--I agree, I hope he continues to draw!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...