Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cake Pops : How To

Earlier in the month 2 of our boy's had birthday's,
so I made some Cake Pops for the party's.
I posted some picture's of them on Facebook and Twitter,
and was asked how I did them, so thought I would do a "How To"

You need 1 cake mix (which comes ready made with icing)
and some lollipop sticks.
I bought my sticks from Spotlight.
First, bake the cake, and let it cool completely.
Then break the cake up and place in a mixing bowl,
add the icing and mix with the cake, (I usually use about 3/4 of the icing) 
I do this with the Kitchen Aid.

Once it is combined, roll the mixture into balls,
then place the sticks into them.
Next I put them in the freezer on some baking paper,
to make them really firm up and nice and cold
(I don't freeze them)

Melt a block of chocolate to a runny consistency.
I then take them out of the freezer about 10 at a time.
Place the cake pop into the chocolate, and use a spoon to cover the Cake Pop.
Make sure you cover the end of the stick as this will help to keep it in place.
Give the cake pop a little twizzle to get rid of the excess chocolate

{I usually use Cadbury, but when I ice my hedgehog,
I melt a block with 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil,
it gives the chocolate a runnier consistency, but still sets firm.
I will try this next time I make Cake Pops}

Then I lightly sprinkle 100's and 1000's over the cake pop
Because the Cake Pop is cold, the chocolate will set very quickly.

Next I place them in a Styrofoam block and place them in the fridge,
until they are set, then in an airtight container until you are ready to use them.

This makes a lot, enough for 2 party's plus lots of extras.
They are probably more like a truffle texture, rather than cake though.

Enjoy - They are Yummy
and most importantly
they get a big thumbs up from the party participants!

Have a great day
Jacqueline

8 comments:

  1. YUMMO!
    Could do with one now thanks. Can you pop it in the post ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the post. Miss B had one of these from a party and requested them for her next birthday. I will be able to whip them up now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummo have been waiting for your post. Miss B wants them for her b/day in 2 weeks. just in time for a practise run first.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhh YUMMMM! I wont be waiting for a part to try these x Thanks Jacqueline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous idea, I definitely want to make these for our next party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fabulous!! I would love one of those right now with a cuppa :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I stumbled upon your blog and this is what I find! Yum!!! Great idea! Will have to try it!! I will definately b back!
    Cheers from your new liker!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I miss this?! I have wanted to make these for a while, but have been a but intimidated by them. You just made it look so simple - thanks for taking the time to write it all out! Will have to try them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...